Search Knowledge Base by Keyword
Can I prevent autoimmune disease?
Autoimmune diseases happen when your body’s immune system engages its defenses against a part of your body. What experts don’t know is how or why this happens so there nothing specific you can take to prevent autoimmune disease. If you”re at risk, you’re at risk. Improve your chances by:
- Keeping stress in check. Find ways to relax every day and don’t let stress and tension build up.
- relaxation techniques
- a hobby
- Eat healthy foods. Don’t fill up on high-fat junk food. Give your body the nutrients it needs by eating:
- fruits and vegetables
- whole grains
- lean proteins
- Sleep. When you deprive yourself of sleep, your health and body suffer. Try to:
- create a sleep schedule
- stick to your sleep schedule
- get 7-9 hours of sleep a night
- Exercise. Exercise is one of the best things you can do for your health. Always consult with your doctor before starting any type of exercise routine. Invite family members and make it fun!
- a brisk walk